1887 Dering Harbor Village Victorian with Pool and Dock
Located on a quiet lane on 1.44+/- acres in the Village of Dering Harbor on Shelter Island in a park-like setting, this 1887 Victorian has a fascinating history, once a NY Yacht Station and moved to this site many years ago. Vintage details are intact throughout its three stories of finished living space. A delightful screened porch, which wraps almost entirely around the home, greets you as you ascend up the path through the privet hedges from the road. The arched stained glass around the front door is nuanced in its design, and the entry foyer is spacious and welcoming, with hand made stained glass within the adjacent coat closet in view. The living room has French doors to the screened porch, as well as a fireplace. The dining room, which has a butlers pantry and fireplace looks out onto the porch and grounds. The kitchen, which has been renovated with white counters and tiles, has a back staircase and a screened-in back porch that has views to the harbor and gardens. A library has a full bath with marble tile adjacent. The second floor has five guest bedrooms, each distinctive, one with a fireplace, plus a full bath with an original ball and claw tub and a half bath. The third floor has two additional finished rooms and a full bath. There is a 20′ x 40′ heated gunite pool surrounded by hedges, gardens and established landscapes. The barn-style garage has a driveway out to Dering Lane, which is a stone’s throw to 15A Shore Road, .06+/- acres on Dering Harbor with 50 ft. of shoreline, bulkhead, an approximately 100-foot deep water dock with approximately 4 feet at low mean tide and a staircase to sandy beach. A lawn bounded by hedge with wonderful shade trees offers privacy and incredible views to one of the most scenic vantage points on Shelter Island. An enchanting offering, not to be missed. Village fees for water, sewage and highway are $7,467.74 per annum.
Address: 8 Gardiner Way & 15A Shore Road
City: Shelter Island
Square Feet: 4053
Garage: Detached, 1.5 spaces
Year Built: 1887