The statistics for properties sold during the first six months of 2018 are starting to take shape. Closings are reported to Suffolk County which reports the numbers to the Town. Because there are delays between actual closings and when each Town receives the information, a combination of our own database, used throughout the East End of Long Island, and County and Shelter Island Town reports are what I refer to for insight to the numbers. As closings continue to be reported, final numbers will likely not be complete until later this month, however here is the real time snapshot comparing 2017 to 2018 year-to-date:
Period # Sales Total $ Sold Median Price
1-1-18 to 7-10-18 28 27,220,350 $942,500
1-1-17 to 7-13-17 21 26,215,000 $925,000
Vacant land has been an option to buyers who had been looking for a home and decided to build their own.
Here are some highlights of sales from the first half of 2018:
- 14 Peconic Avenue, a 3 bedroom, 2 bath ranch built in 1959 on .5 acres with pool on creekfront, listed 8/23/17 for $2.1m, sold for $1.95m on 6/27/18;
- 68 Peconic Avenue, a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath ranch built in 1954 on .74 acres with pool on soundfront, listed 6/12/17 for $3.125m, last listed at $2.75m, sold for $1.95m on 6/10/18;
- 16 Westmoreland Drive, a 5 bedroom, 3 bath cape built in 1965 on 1.07 acres with pool on bayfront, listed 9/20/13 for $2.75m, last listed at $1.95m, sold for $1.715m on 5/6/18;
- 4 Simpson Avenue, a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath renovated farmhouse built in 1935 on .53 acres listed 9/30/17 for $1.395m, sold for $1.3m on 1/10/18;
- 4 Winthrop Road, a 6 bedroom, 3.5 bath farmhouse built in 1950 on .37 acres with pool, listed 2/15/18 for $1,395m, sold for $1.2m on 4/12/18;
- 1 Sandpiper Road, a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath traditional built in 1967 on 1.1 acres with pool, listed 5/10/17 for $1.4m, sold for $1.275m on 2/15/18;
- 157 North Ferry Road, a 5 bedroom, 3 bath victorian built in 1900 on 1.74 acres comprised of two lots, one creekfront, listed 5/13/17 for $1.25m, sold for $995k on 5/8/18. The .83 acre creekfront has been re-listed by the buyer for $835k.
- 2 Margarets Drive, a 4 bedroom, 2.5 bath contemporary built in 1987 on .98 acres with deeded water rights and pool, listed 4/2/18 and sold 6/22/18 for $1,055m;
- 20 Terry Drive, a 4 bedroom, 2 bath contemporary built in 1984 on .52 acres with deeded beach rights and pool, listed 7/14/16 for $875k, sold for $885k on 6/25/18;
- 143 North Ferry Road, a 4 bedroom, 1.5 bath farmhouse built in 1893 on .47 acres, listed 7/4/16 for $795k, sold for $600k on 3/1/18;
- 12 North Menantic Road, vacant land, 11.7 acres, listed 8/12/17 for $2.135m, sold for $1.575m on 6/1/18
- 6 Lord’s Lane, vacant land, 2.2 acres creekfront with dock, listed 4/15/16 for $1.58m, sold for $1.1m, on 6/27/18;
- 4 Oxford Avenue, vacant land in the Heights, .37 acres listed 7/9/17 for $485k, sold for $400k on 1/8/18;
- 47 Lake Drive, vacant land, 1.2 acres listed 11/10/16 for $469k, sold for $445k on 1/31/18;
- 17 North Midway Road, vacant land, 1.01 acres listed 5/10/17 for $395k, sold for $345k on 6/18/18.
and going to the closing table.